10 – 11 July 2017, Hotel Grand Chancellor, Brisbane
The 10th Making Cities Liveable Conference is a platform for government, academic and industry professionals to discuss public health, sustainability, natural resource management, transport, climate change, urban design, biosecurity and more.
The conference will be held at Hotel Grand Chancellor in Brisbane on Monday 10th – Tuesday 11th July 2017. The 10th Making Cities Liveable Conference will be followed by the Safe Cities Conference on Wednesday 12th July 2017 in acknowledgement of the release of the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals “make cities inclusive, safe and resilient”.
Joint discounted registrations are available.
The conference will be celebrating its’ 10th anniversary. Over the ten years there has been over 3000 delegates attend, engaging with 450 presenters to examine the challenges and opportunities in building liveable and healthy cities. Our online podcast library now contains 250 presentations and can be accessed by delegates for research purposes.
- The New Urban Agenda
- Community Participation and Social Development
- The Liveable Neighbourhood – Placemaking
- Responsible Resource Management – Bringing Nature Back
- Showcasing Regional Liveable Cities and Centres
- Heritage Infrastructure and Liveable Cities
The conference will revisit some perennials to see how far the sector has evolved in the past decade:
- Food Security, Buying Local, Urban Agriculture
- Urban Renewal – Green Buildings
- Education, Motivation and Incentives for Behaviour Change
- Government and Business Leadership
- Regional Cities – Interconnectivity, Technology, Heritage
- Political Cycles
- Working with Climate Change, Energy Consumption, Generation and other challenges
This National Conference will examine public policy and social/community outcomes and consider what actions have been taken to positively influence the ongoing debate.
There will be 12 Featured Speakers along with 60 expert presentations including concurrent sessions, case studies, study tours and posters.
WELCOME FROM CONFERENCE CHAIR
“This is a fantastic opportunity for professionals in the public, private and academic sectors. Everyone from social planners, urban designers to waste management professionals and environmental groups will benefit from attending this event.
The Conference will feature a variety of presentations and workshops that will trigger plenty of new ideas and solutions for the future development of our Liveable Cities.
I look forward to seeing the innovations and strategies that come out of this National Conference.”
Dr Iain Butterworth
Manager Population Health and Planning, East Division
Department of Health & Human Services, State Government of Victoria
Who Should Attend
Why You Should Attend
- Be exposed to new and innovating ideas and ways of thinking
- Network with your peers and leaders in their fields
- Be inspired
- by an optimistic, action orientated group of people
- by profound and positive speakers
- Learn key skills needed for ensuring the future
- Learn how to make a positive difference
The Making Cities Liveable Conference is an initiative of the Association for Sustainability in Business Inc, a ‘not-for-profit’ organisation.